Boom 2 1.4
Screenshots of Boom 2
Boom 2 Editor's Review
If you want to make it sound good, you more Boom, Boom, Boom...
I've been using computers for a very long time. I do just about everything that I enjoy on them. In fact, most everything that I do all week long is on a computer. Mostly... I write, as I'm certain that many of you who follow this blog know and understand.
While I write, I often either watch movies or listen to music. The biggest problem with doing this on a laptop is, of course, audio. Laptop speakers are just so-so, no matter what brand of computer you have. Computer speakers are a dime a dozen; and honestly, Apple doesn't make any. They may include them inside all of their computers, but I don't think they're that great. I think they can use all the help they can get. That's why I really like Boom 2. Its THE app to have if you want to improve the quality of the sound coming out of either your Mac's internal speakers or from your third party, desktop speakers... and its really cool.
Boom is a system wide volume booster and equalizer that make everything sound louder, clearer and better. Built from the ground up, Book takes advantage of the latest audio technology in OS X. The latest version several features that offer users a variety of professional audio options that allow them to take complete control of their computer's audio.
When the app starts for the first time, it auto calibrates itself according to the type of Mac that you have. It has power system wide volume boosting capabilities, and provides advanced, precision equalizer controls, that give you control over every aspect of your Mac's audio. It was designed for Macs running Yosemite and higher, taking full advantage of both the hardware and the OS' 64-bit architecture.
The app effects all audio coming from your Mac. It makes the audio coming from your speakers sound louder, richer and fuller. It has advanced controls allowing you to put a professional spin on the sound coming out of your Mac, regardless of whether or not you know anything about sound mixing. Boom guarantees you finer audio control.
To help make your Mac's audio the best it can be, Boom comes with new audio effects – Ambience, Fidelity, Spatial, Night Mode, and Pitch. These are all effects that can be used to bring out the best in the sound coming out of your Mac.
- Ambiance helps you feel the music around you. With it active, you can hear notes from every corner of the room, making it feel like a live performance.
- Fidelity makes the music come alive with crisp, sharp tones.
- Spatial puts you in the center of your audio, immersing your in realistic sound
- Night Mode nominalizes the audio to produce sounds that aren't too loud or too faint. This is the perfect setting for action movies.
- Pitch allows you to change the actual pitch of the audio that is playing. You can listen to things a full note higher or lower than its actually recorded.
Boom has a cool remote app, too, called Boom 2 Remote, downloadable from the iTunes App Store, and it works with both iPad and iPhone. With the app, you can control the audio on your Mac. You can also manage play of VLC, Spotify, QuickTime and iTunes on your Mac, from across the room.
I've got Boom 2 installed on my MacBook Pro, and I have to tell you, I'm really impressed. The audio coming out of my Mac is fuller, deeper and so much more alive that it was before. Its really hard to believe that a desktop app can make the sound coming out of my computer sound so much better, but it has. For the price, this is probably one of the better "upgrades" you can give your non-upgradable Mac.
From my perspective, there's no reason why any Mac owner shouldn't be running this. Its one of the best apps I've installed in a very long time.
Boom 2 Publisher's Description
With Boom 2, you get:
- A system-wide audio booster that produces crystal-clear sounds
- Simple and advanced equalizers to customize audio just the way you like it
- Amazing audio effects like 'Fidelity', 'Ambience' etc. to enhance and redefine music and overall audio
- A remote companion for iOS devices that can control Boom 2, VLC, Spotify,...
Look for Similar Items by Category
This download is managed by our ad-supported smart download manager. During the download process we may show commercial offers, such as a toolbar or other browser add-ons. The download manager is in no way affiliated or endorsed by the author of this product. The product can be downloaded as well freely from the author's website. Learn more